Pensioners living abroad? Here is how you can submit your life certificate

- Advertisement -

Every pensioner is required to submit a life certificate, also known as ‘Jeevan Pramaan’ in the month of November for the continuation of his/her pension. Those aged 80 years or above can submit it between October 1 and November 30. Pensioners can either submit it physically by visiting the bank or avail of doorstep services. The life certificate can also be submitted online.

But what about those pensioners who are living abroad? According to the circular released by the Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare (DoPPW), the following procedures are available for submitting a life certificate by a pensioner living abroad

1) The circular states that in case of a pensioner/family pensioner residing abroad and drawing his pension/family pension through any bank included in the Second Schedule to the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934, the life certificate may be signed by an officer of the Bank. A pensioner/family pensioner gets exemption from personal appearance subject to production of Life Certificate signed by the above-mentioned officer of the bank.

2) A pensioner/family pensioner not residing in India is exempted from personal appearance if his/her duly authorized agent produces a life certificate signed by a Magistrate, a Notary, a Banker, or a Diplomatic Representative of India.

3) Pensioner/family pensioner can also provide Digital Life Certificate online through Aadhaar based biometric authentication system.

4) In the case of NRI pensioners/family pensioners who are unable to come to India for personal identification, pension/family pension may be allowed on the basis of a certificate to be issued by an authorized official of the Indian Embassy/High Commission of India or Consul of Indian Consulate in the country where the pensioner/family pensioner is residing. This certificate is to be issued on verification of Pensioner/Family Pensioner on the basis of photographs pasted in the PPO or on the basis of photograph pasted on the Passport or any other such document.

5) In case the pensioner/family pensioner is unable to visit the Embassy of India/Consulate, he/she may submit requisite documents by post to the Embassy/Consulate, including Doctor’s Certificate showing the pensioner’s/family pensioner’s ability to present himself/herself in person. Embassy of India/High Commission/ Indian Consulate may also assist pensioners/family pensioners in the submission of the Life Certificate.

Subscribe to Mint Newsletters

* Enter a valid email

* Thank you for subscribing to our newsletter.

Never miss a story! Stay connected and informed with Mint. Download our App Now!!


Disclaimer: This post has not been edited by our staff and is published from a syndicated feed. The Original Source of this post can be found at Source link


- Advertisement -

More Articles

- Advertisement -